There is much more to riding in Maine than the headline-grabbing untamed beauty of Acadia National Park
Maine has much to offer cyclists of every skill level, from the coastal scenery that served as the inspiration for the ferocious seascape paintings of renowned American painter Winslow Homer in the 19th century to the classic New England fishing communities and lighthouses. The ideal remedy for bustling city life is to spend your days riding the peaceful and lovely tree-lined roads and your nights indulging in some of America's best seafood cuisine
- 5 breakfasts
- Bicycle (e-bike option available, subject to availability), Support Vehicle
- Simple Hotel/Motel (5 nights)
1st day: Portland
- Local Brewery Tour - USD65
- Portland Museum of Art - USD15
- Portland Observatory - USD10
Meals IncludedThere are no meals included on this day.
Special InformationRiding Distance - approximately 33 miles / 53kms, undulating with 1150ft / 350m of elevation gain
Day 2: Rockport
- Center for Contemporary Art in Maine - $8
- Farnsworth Art Museum: 15 dollars
- Free Maine Lighthouse Museum in Rockland Breakwater & Lighthouse-USD8
- Maine Lighthouse Museum - USD8
Specific DetailsRiding Distance: roughly 38 miles (62 km), of 2560 feet (780 m); Although there is some vertical gain and loss on our route, the greatest elevation is merely 200 feet/60 meters.
Day 3: Bucksport
Special InformationRiding Distance - approximately 48 miles / 77kms, undulating with 2900ft / 885 m of elevation gain
Day 4: Bar Harbor
Just 10 more beautiful miles will take you to Bar Harbor, the entrance to Acadia National Park. Arriving at our hotel will give you plenty of time to freshen yourself before taking a stroll down the charming Bar Harbor Shore Path for stunning views of the several little islands that dot Frenchman Bay. You are free to eat supper alone tonight, and if you haven't had some fresh Maine lobster yet this week (or even if you have!), here is the ideal place to do it.
Special InformationRiding Distance - approximately 50 miles/80kms, was undulating with 2300ft /700 m of elevation gain.
Day 5: Acadia National Park
- Whale Watching Tour - this activity must be booked well ahead as spots sell out fast. https://www.barharborwhales.com/ - USD63
- Sea Kayak Tour - this activity must be booked well ahead as spots sell out fast. https://www.acadiafun.com/ - USD60
- Lobster Fishing And Seal Watching - this activity must be booked well ahead as spots sell out fast
Special InformationRiding Distance - approximately 21 miles / 34kms, undulating with 1600ft /490 m of elevation gain
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Whale watching (approx 3-5hrs), Lobster Fishing/Seal Watching (approx. 2hrs), and Sea Kayaking (approx. 4hrs) are all very popular activities and sell out very quickly - these must be booked by you well ahead to guarantee a place. It is often impossible to book a spot on the day, or even a couple of days beforehand. Due to the ride duration please ensure you only book any optional activity to commence after 2pm.
Day 6: Portland to Acadia National Park
Special InformationRiding Distance - approximately 27 miles / 43kms, undulating on 'carriage roads', with 1640ft /500 m of elevation gain
You will arrive back into Portland at approximately 4pm